Llandudno is a consistently popular tourist location throughout the entire year. Its rich Victorian history appeals to many generations of people from all over the UK and even further, who make the stunning seaside town their choice for a holiday destination. The restaurants in Llandudno are in abundance and spoil you for choice. The town boasts a wide variety of high quality food and drink venues for eating out. Let's take a look at the top 10 places in Llandudno to wine and dine before or after a long day of tourism attractions.
10. The Looking Glass Ice Cream Parlour – Found on Upper Mostyn Street, the Alice in Wonderland themed ice cream parlour is a wonderful place to enjoy a mid-day ice cream cone, waffle, or pancake. All of their ice creams and sorbets are made on-site, with the unique flavours changing on a weekly basis. If you like the look of a flavour then grab some while you can!
9. Top’s Chinese Restaurant – Top’s is located in Craig-Y-Don, and offers a wonderfully broad selection of familiar Chinese and Thai dishes that are cooked to authentic perfection. You will certainly be impressed by their high standards of service and presentation.
8. Johnny Dough’s Wood-Fired Pizza – Johnny Dough’s can be found on Upper Mostyn Street, and for all of those hardcore pizza lovers this place is surely not to be missed. They put a lot of time and effort into creating “new school” pizzas for anyone wanting to try something a little different, but put that same effort into those old classics. You are guaranteed a spectacular wood-fire experience, alongside the great service and atmosphere.
7. The Cottage Loaf – This traditional pub was established in 1981, converted from a family bakery and warehouse. The pub has largely resisted the modernisation of some of Mostyn Estates more recent renovations, keeping a majority of its Victorian heritage. The reputation for outstanding food has only continued to expand its reach over the years, with the pubs focus on home-cooked-style meals, using only locally sourced meats and ingredients.
6. Snooze Wine Bar – Snoozes’ passions lie with fine wines and locally sourced produce. The stylish, modern interior brings you an air of elegance and upper-class whilst enjoying one or two drinks and possibly one of their renowned pizzas. Snooze is local to a range of Llandudno’s seafront hotels, who will all happily inform you of the high standards in food and customer service that they provide.
5. Wildwood – Right in the heart of Llandudno, Wildwood is a bright and airy restaurant that serves a fantastic combination of classic foods for everyone to enjoy. From burgers to pizzas, pastas to grilled steaks, there is certainly something for everyone. Not forgetting about their truly spectacular dessert menu!
4. Harveys New York Bar & Grill – You simply can’t go wrong with an American themed restaurant. The bright atmosphere, 50’s country rock music, and enthusiastic staff make this an experience before the food has even reached your table. Choose from a range of meals from a menu of everyone's favourite classics like chicken wings, burgers, or steaks.
3. Dylan’s Restaurant – Dylan’s is now the main feature inside the former Washington nightclub located on Llandudno’s East Parade. With the restorations completed and Dylan’s open to the public since 25th May, you can now come and enjoy a drink or two at the bar, or sit down for some food from the locally sourced menu, filled with a variety of unique, delicious dishes such as Seabass Tacos, a Ferryman’s Platter, Red Dragon Pizza, and so much more.
2. Mamma Rosa Italian Ristorante – This family run Italian restaurant has over 20 years of experience, making it a well established favourite with locals and visitors alike. The traditional and contemporary Italian menu offers a range of delicious choices from pizzas, pastas, seafoods and steaks. Mamma Rosa has gained a loyal customer base who praise the relaxed, homely atmosphere.
1. The Queens Head – This inviting country pub is renowned for its good food, wine, beer and relaxing atmosphere. The chefs have a passion for the locally sourced produce, preparing and cooking the meals to absolute perfection. With Llandudno but a 5 minute drive away, The Queens Head is the ideal starting point for a night of fine dining and entertainment on the North Wales Coast.