- Originally, Llandudno was going to be called ‘Port Wrexham’,
- In the 1850s the St. George’s harbor and Railway Company was going to develop the area as a method of exporting coal, instead however it has been developed into a holiday resort.
- During the Conservative’s Party’s annual conference in 1948 Winston Churchill himself stayed in Room 109 at the Grand Hotel when visiting Llandudno.
- The Great Orme tram suffered a tragic crash in 1932 resulting in the death of two people at the apex of the holiday season. Because of a drawback snapping, the tram crashed into the old road. Thankfully there have been no serious crashes since and the tramway is still very much in working order thanks to millions of pounds worth of investment.
- The current Llandudno pier was actually built in two halves, the original length built in 1877, being extended in 1884.
- There are over 30 Shipwreck in Llandudno bay, including one having crashed in 1642, named the phoenix, a warship that wrecked off the great Orme. Llandudno was originally to have a second pier even bigger than the current one, a full 1,305, it was to be called the ‘Victoria Pier’. Plans were however abandoned.
- The great Orme holds a cave known as the ‘Llech or Hiding Cave’, this is thought to be a chapel or shrine of St. Tudno although there is some debate that the sandstone used in the hexagonal walls is produced at too later date, however it is possible that the cave was renovated later on by the Mostyn Family, who owned much of the great Orme in 1694.The Cave was visited by Charles Darwin in 1824 and was the rendezvous point for a pair of German submarines to rescue three German officers who had escaped the local prisoner of war camp in Dyffryn Aled. The rescue attempt was however unsuccessful and the officers were captured in Llandudno itself.
- In the Bronze age, Llandudno was a major point of copper mining, because of the largest copper mine in Europe being in the great Orme, this includes six kilometers worth of tunnels some of which are 4,000 years old and some of which are very small, so much so that they must have been dug by children. Some of these tunnels are still accessible today.
- The goats all across the Great Orme are actually Kashmir goats, which were introduced to the Orme by Lord Mostyn in the 19th century when Queen Victoria was given a pair as a gift, making them instantly fashionable. This feral herd of around 180 goats is managed by Conwy county council. In the peak holiday season the goats seem to make themselves scarce, but they can often be found around the Marine Drive and Invalid’s Walk. They can also be seen on the cliff overlooking Upper Mostyn Street.